Since I’m soon leaving for a vacation to Barcelona, so I thought I’d quickly share my travel drawing kit with you. It is quite small, but absolutely enough for sketching on the go!
1. A tiny watercolor set that I made myself, using a tin box of mints and pans of my current favorite colors to paint with. They are all mixed up, collected from here and there and I have no clue which brands they are, but certainly nothing too fancy, the quality is not too bad though. The colors I’ve selected are: turquoise blue, ultramarine blue, cobalt blue, red light, carmine, raw siena, burnt siena, lemon yellow and orange yellow.
2. A small makeup bag with a pattern of colorful water drops on it, quite fitting for a watercolor drawing kit, I thought!
3. Moleskine Art Plus Watercolor album
4. Thin long fine spray bottle filled with water
5. Large water brush
6. Small water brush
7. Pigma Micron 05 ink pen | I might add one thinner to the mix just in case!
8. Schneider Maxx permanent marker | Not sure I actually need it.
9. White jell pen
10. Eraser pen like thingie
11. Faber Castell 2B pencil
12. Derwent watercolor pencil Cobalt blue 31
13. Derwent watercolor pencil May Green 48
14. Derwent watercolor pencil Sepia 53
15. Random orange watercolor pencil | I like drawing an initial sketch in watercolor pencil, so no pencil marks are visible in the final piece. I usually use colors close to the colors of the object, so they blend nicely, but to be honest my green and orange pencils are a bit random and not so useful. I carry them around anyway, most of the time they actually serve to hold my hair up in a bun 🙂
17. Bunch of clips
18. Tissue paper pack
Aaaand onwards to adventure!